Swift Mailer is a feature-rich PHP mailer library for sending e-mails from PHP websites and applications.
It does not rely on PHP’s native mail() class which consumes high resources. Instead, Swift communicates directly with an SMTP server or a MTA binary to send mail quickly and efficiently.
Swift supports event-driven plugins which offer you the opportunity to really take control of the library and set this mailer apart from everything else that’s out there.
Some features of Swift Mailer:
- Persistent connectivity improves performance
- Internationalization support (i18n)
- Load balancing and/or throttling support
- SSL & TLS Support – for Gmail servers
- Embedded images or other file types
- Full MIME 1.0 library included (create multipart messages, attachments etc)
- Batch mail processing
- Send attachments of any size even with PHP’s 8MB Memory Limit
- Support for multiple attachments
- Lossless protection against header injection (encode, don’t strip)
- Set message priority
- Request read receipts
- Pluggable SMTP authentication (LOGIN, PLAIN, MD5-CRAM, POP Before SMTP)
- Anti-flooding support for servers with limits on emails-per-connection
- Bandwidth monitor included
FotoViewr is a web-based image gallery application which enables you to create 3D image galleries for your Flickr account.
You can choose to present your images from 6 different 3D gallery types.
Galleries can be created instantly by simply providing your Fickr username (no password required) and the applications lets you select which gallery to display.
After the Fickr gallery selection, FotoViewr provides you the embed code you need to insert into your webpage to display the gallery & that’s it.
FotoViewr also has a Facebook application to use with Facebook galleries.
DryIcons presents 16 beautiful & free icon sets that you can use in your web applications & designs.
Icon sets include:
And many more.
There is also a free graphics part in the website where you can find some great free vector graphics.
jqPuzzle is a jQuery plugin which enables you to create sliding puzzles from any image.
jqPuzzle is highly configurable as the options in the interface can be enabled/disabled, number of rows & columns of the puzzle to be created can be defined & more.
How to use?
After inserting the
jquery.jqpuzzle.css files to your webpage, simply give the
class="jqPuzzle" to any image. That’s all.
Last week, a post announced 3 activeCollab Project Management Corporate licenses giveaway.
activeCollab is a feature-rich project management & collaboration application which you can install it on your servers & customize it if you want.
It organizes the project flow both for you & your customers flawlessly with powerful features like document versioning, reminders, discussions & many more.
And, here are the winners:
- Vince Verberckt (comment: 10532)
- Rami Minar (comment: 10694)
- Steve (comment: 10482)
Thanks to all WebResourcesDepot readers who joined the giveaway & congratulations to all the winners.
LimeSurvey is an open source PHP survey application which has almost every feature you may need.
It enables you to create conditional (questions change depending on the previous answers), open/close group surveys with e-mail invitations, reminders & more.
This PHP survey application is completely multilingual and currently supports 46 languages. Any survey can be created to support more than 1 language.
Templates can be created and any survey can be choosen to work with that template to match the design of the websites.
Some features of LimeSurvey:
- Unlimited number of surveys at the same time
- Unlimited number of questions in a survey
- Unlimited number of participants to a survey
- Multi-Lingual Surveys
- 20 different question types with more to come
- WYSIWYG HTML Editor
- Quotas Management
- Integration of pictures and movies into a survey
- Creation of a printable survey version
- Option for participants to buffer answers to continue survey at a later time
- Survey expiry dates for automation
- Enhanced import and export functions to text, CSV, PDF, SPSS, queXML and MS Excel format
- Basic statistical and graphical analysis with export facility
- Screen Reader Accessiblity
- W3C compliance
Note: Seems like the website is currently down. Click here for the cached version from Yahoo.
Behind the scenes, CRIR does it with a visual trick by hiding the original form elements (but transferring any values to them) and replacing them with images.
ImpressCMS is a powerful & free PHP – MySQL content management system which is, currently, based on famous XOOPS but developed in another direction.
It is a community developed application and has already 150+ addons including e-commerce, forum support & more.
- Fully modularized
- User registration & personalization
- User permissions management
- Theme-based skinnable interface
- & more..
Design Police is providing a "Visual Enforcement Kit" to "bring bad design to justice".
The kit can be used to print real-world stickers or as stencils.
How applicable the idea is can be discussed but the messsages include good tips (or real world problems) with humor.
More images can be found in the designer’s portfolio.
jQuery Sparklines is a plugin for creating sparklines on the fly.
What is a sparkline:
They are data-intense, design-simple, word-sized graphics that are commonly used in market, stock activity and can be implemented anywhere (via Wikipedia).
This plugin supports:
- Line graphs
- Bar charts
- And, tristate charts