Note: Seems like the website is currently down. Click here for the cached version from Yahoo.
Behind the scenes, CRIR does it with a visual trick by hiding the original form elements (but transferring any values to them) and replacing them with images.
ImpressCMS is a powerful & free PHP – MySQL content management system which is, currently, based on famous XOOPS but developed in another direction.
It is a community developed application and has already 150+ addons including e-commerce, forum support & more.
- Fully modularized
- User registration & personalization
- User permissions management
- Theme-based skinnable interface
- & more..
Design Police is providing a "Visual Enforcement Kit" to "bring bad design to justice".
The kit can be used to print real-world stickers or as stencils.
How applicable the idea is can be discussed but the messsages include good tips (or real world problems) with humor.
More images can be found in the designer’s portfolio.
jQuery Sparklines is a plugin for creating sparklines on the fly.
What is a sparkline:
They are data-intense, design-simple, word-sized graphics that are commonly used in market, stock activity and can be implemented anywhere (via Wikipedia).
This plugin supports:
- Line graphs
- Bar charts
- And, tristate charts
Emastic is a CSS grid framework aiming to ease creating elastic layouts.
It is created by the author of Hartija (see WRD post) & Formy (see WRD post) CSS frameworks and powers users with:
- Personalized width of the page in em,px,%.
- Use of fixed and fluid columns in the grid.
- Elastic Layout with "em"
From the author:
I analyzed all the Grid CSS frameworks and almost everything connected with the Grid System. But I did not want to reinvent the wheel, just to improve the main defects of the existent CSS Frameworks and to add some new features.
Emastic is lightweight (compressed size is less than 4kb) and several examples can be found in the project page.
PostcardViewer, similar to AutoViewer (see WRD post) which is created by the same company, is a free Flash image gallery application with a very nice presentation.
The interface is just like a set of postcards shuffled onto a surface & this is supported with the effects.
This Flash gallery can controlled via mouse & keyboard. And it displays image captions (including URLs).
Besides this free version, pro version offers more customization and no backlink.
AutoViewer is a lightweight (11kb) & free Flash image viewer that displays the images horizontally.
It also works as a slide viewer with the play-pause-previous-next buttons and can be navigated both with mouse & keyboard.
AutoViewer preloads the images, so this application is more suitable for galleries with 30 images or less (pro version is optimized for more images).
This Flash image viewer‘s interface rescales to fit any aspect ratio images and monitors. And, galleries can be created via Picasa, Adobe Lightroom, a PHP script or manually.
Templates.com, a popular website that offers templates & professional cliparts has a contest to announce to WebResourcesDepot readers.
Think of a slogan for Templates.com and post your slogan to the contest post in Templates.com blog. That’s all.
Contest started July 15 2008 (yesterday) & will be ending at the beginning of August 2008.
- 1st place: $100 cash
- 2nd place: $100 of credits in Templates.com that can be used to purchase the products.
- 3rd place: $50 of credits in Templates.com that can be used to purchase the products.
- And, each participant of this contest who has an account on Templates.com gets 4 credits for entering the contest.
Besides the website templates they offer, in their blog, they have plenty of information about 3D models.
P.S. This post is an advertorial.
poMMo is an open source maillist manager application for adding a mailing list to your website or to organize stand alone mailings.
poMMo requires PHP & MySQL, offers a very simple web-based setup and it can be ready to use within minutes.
With an Ajaxed interface, you can create custom subscription forms & subscriber groups. After that, it provides you the necessary embed code (or HTML output) for inserting the form.
poMMo is also a smart application as it gets the list of sent-unsent-failed e-mails during the delivery and has an automated "list cleaning" feature by checking the bounced e-mails.
Other nice features of this maillist manager:
- Easy creation of subscriber groups
- Quickly import and export your subscriber base
- WYSIWYG HTML mailing creation
- Flexible collection of subscriber data through user defined "fields"
- Drag and drop field ordering
- Themeable, brandable, multilanguage
- Limit the sending of mails – throttle by hour, bytes, and domain limits
- Revolutionary AJAX based subscriber Management
- Personalize Mailings — e.g. Say "Dear Susan" vs. "Dear Subscriber"
- View and Reload sent mailings from the Mailing History page
- Mailings can be paused, resumed, and canceled "live"
- Mailings take place in the background — you can turn your computer OFF during a sending
- Subscribers can unsubscribe themselves or update their own information (including email address)
This mailing list manager application uses very low disk I/O and can be used for big mailing list groups.
P.S. Admin interface has a small compatibility problem in Firefox.
We all use nature images like trees, clouds, flowers, sun & many other objects in our designs.
Doesn’t matter if it is a blog or a corporate site, nature images fit and needed everywhere.
You may also like:
Tip: Subscribe to RSS feed and get free web resources everyday.
Important: Licenses of every image varies, so be sure to check that information before using them.
This is a resource pack of beautiful & free nature brushes & vector images. Here they are:
Read the rest of this entry »