Form Tools is a form processor, storage and data access script written in PHP and MySQL, designed to work with any existing web form.
By making small changes to a form, you can:
- store form submissions in a database
- provide an admin area to your clients for managing the forms
- mass data export via excel
- have printer-friendly pages
- sort data & edit submissions
- have e-mail notifications & more.
With one install of Form Tools, unlimited number of forms can be managed. The script is multi-lingual, it can be branded & easily customized.
The Web Platform Installer Beta (Web PI), makes it easier to create a web development environment on your PC.
It provides a single, free package for installing and configuring Microsoft’s entire Web Platform, including:
- Visual Web Developer 2008 Express Edition
- SQL Server 2008 Express Edition
- .NET Framework.
You can mention whether you’re an ASP.Net developer or even choose support for specific features like ASP, SQL Server driver for PHP, etc. besides installing the complete Microsoft Web Platform
Considering the IIS version to be installed is IIS7, the installer is compatible with Vista & Microsoft Server 2008.
This is a set of RSS icon Photoshop shapes.
Download package has 20+ shapes including a RSS sticker, speech bubble, arrow, star & more.
The set is handy for creating different icons. And, the standard icon is also in the set which enables you to create something totally new.
NiftyPlayer is a tiny open source Flash MP3 player with a very simple interface.
It is lightweight (4kb) and usage does not require any Flash knowledge as the URL is mentioned in HTML.
Some other features are:
- Autostart capability
- Draggable/Clickable seek bar
- Simple operation with Play/Pause and Stop buttons
- Buffering with progress bar
- Buffering is stoppable! (through Stop button)
- Volume control
The sidebar is very handy for any developer as you can reach it with a simple "CTRL+F9", find any function or property, see the browsers it supports & more.
Standard installation supports:
- HTML 4.01/XHTML 1.0,
- CSS 2.1,
- DOM 2,
Support for other languages can be downloaded from here.
You can also go the original website for the add-on for downloading it without registering.
BigTarget.js is a jQuery plugin that increases the size of click targets and get more call-to-action conversions.
It has 2 options that can be customized:
clickZone: By default the first
<li> element is turned into a link but this can be changed with this option.
targetClass: For mentioning the class for hover effect.
How to use it?
Adding BigTarget.js functionality to your site is straight forward. First include the plugin code in the head of your document, and then when the page is ready, attach the bigTarget function to the target anchor —
bigTarget.js will do the rest.
$("ol.bigTarget h4 a").bigTarget();
Cymbolism is a website which aims to quantify the association between colors and words with the help of the visitors.
It simply shows a word & asks the visitor to click a color, the visitor thinks the color defines.
There are currently 200 words & visitors voted more than 280,000 times for them.
Words can be browsed to see the color-palette generated from the previous votes. And, this may help on deciding which colors to use in our designs considering the theme of the website.
Superfish is an advanced suckerfish menu plugin for jQuery.
It turns a standard CSS dropdown menu and tranforms it to a more powerful one (it gracefully degrades).
It supports both horizontal & vertical menus and unlimited sub-menus can be defined.
Considering the menu is generated from a CSS-dropdown menu, every sub can be easily styled too.
Other features of Superfish:
- Suckerfish-style hover support for IE6.
- Timed delay on mouseout.
- Animation of sub-menu reveal.
- Keyboard accessibility.
- Indicates the presence of sub-menus by automatically adding arrow images to relevant anchors.
- Drop shadows for capable browsers – degrades gracefully for Internet Explorer 6. Can disable shadows completely via options object.
- Can show the path to your current page while the menu is idle.
- Optional callback functions. The ‘this’ keyword within the handlers you attach will refer to the animated ul sub-menu.
Optimizing images is a "must" when serving them over the net for faster browsing experiences, lower bandwidth & diskspace usage.
Smush-it is a free online service for compressing your images by offering different techniques than Photoshop, Fireworks, etc. & creates non-quality-loss output.
It offers several ways for easier usage:
- Web based uploader that supports unlimited file uploads & optimized images can be downloaded as a .zip file. Images can be uploaded from URLs too.
- Firefox plugin & a bookmarklet for 1-click optimizing for the images exists on that webpage.
- WordPress plugin for automated usage for the uploaded images.
Anyone, who wants to get more bytes out of their images, should take a look at Smush-it.
SmoothGallery is a feature-rich image gallery & slideshow application built with MooTools.
With the "gallery set" function that enables you to present multiple galleries & different transition animations, it is really powerful.
SmoothGallery is designed from the ground up to be standard compliant: You can feed it from any document, using custom css selectors. It is also compatible with all major browsers.