MySQL Backup And Restore Management With MySQLDumper
MySQL restore is sometimes a bad experience if the database size is bigger than the allowed limit or the execution time of the restore script is not enough. Users generally restore databases with desktop softwares or through the command line in such situations.
MySQLDumper is a backup & restore management script for MySQL Databases, written in PHP and Perl, which fills this gap and offers a complete control over the databases.
MySQLDumper offers to write data directly into a compressed gz-File. The Restore-Script is able to read this file directly without unpacking it. Of course you can use it without compression, however using Gzip saves a sizeable amount of bandwidth.
- MySQLDumper can read dumpfiles from other scripts via the integrated parser (for example from phpMyAdmin).
- Security: MySQLDumper can generate a .htaccess-file to protect itself and all of your backup-files.
- MySQLDumper can do multipart-backups. That means: MySQLDumper can automatically split the dumpfile if it gets bigger than your chosen size. When you want to restore a backup and choose the wrong part – it doesn’ matter: MySQLDumper will notice that and will get the correct start file automatically.
- Automatic error module.
- MiniSql: You have access to your MySQL-Tables. You can delete tables, edit or insert data. You can run/ save any SQL-statement.
- Database-overview: look at running processes or even stop them.
- Very good file-overview: backups of the same database are shown as one entry. Click it to see all of the files.
- Automatic file-deletion: set your own rules to delete old backups. Specify the age or the number of files when it will be deleted automatically to save server webspace.
- Perl cron script: all features of the PHP-Script are now integrated in the Perl script that can be started via a cron job.
- Configuration can be set seperatly for each script (PHP and Perl).
- Before you start a backup all your parameters are shown again, so you definitely know what you are doing.
- Send e-mails with or without your dump file attached / you can set the maximum size of the attachement. If it grows bigger it won’t be attached.
- Send dumpfiles via FTP to another server. This is also working using the multipart feature.