Feature-Rich PHP Mailer Library: Swift Mailer
Swift Mailer is a feature-rich PHP mailer library for sending e-mails from PHP websites and applications.
It does not rely on PHP’s native mail() class which consumes high resources. Instead, Swift communicates directly with an SMTP server or a MTA binary to send mail quickly and efficiently.
Swift supports event-driven plugins which offer you the opportunity to really take control of the library and set this mailer apart from everything else that’s out there.
Some features of Swift Mailer:
- Persistent connectivity improves performance
- Internationalization support (i18n)
- Load balancing and/or throttling support
- SSL & TLS Support – for Gmail servers
- Embedded images or other file types
- Full MIME 1.0 library included (create multipart messages, attachments etc)
- Batch mail processing
- Send attachments of any size even with PHP’s 8MB Memory Limit
- Support for multiple attachments
- Lossless protection against header injection (encode, don’t strip)
- Set message priority
- Request read receipts
- Pluggable SMTP authentication (LOGIN, PLAIN, MD5-CRAM, POP Before SMTP)
- Anti-flooding support for servers with limits on emails-per-connection
- Bandwidth monitor included