With all the unforeseeable fluctuations in traffic and download rate, websites either sink or they swim.
As far as you’re concerned, it’s important that your site “stays afloat” regardless of how many readers are drawn to your articles at any specific point in time.
Actually, you want as many visitors as possible, so when your wish does come true, those visitors better not be waiting too long or staring at a temporarily offline page and an apology note – the anticlimax may steer them away for good!
It is now common knowledge that a fast site loading time is the heaviest argument for a good SERP (search engine ranking position), because anything over 3 seconds kills the visitor’s interest.
A Content Delivery Network takes a lot of weight off the frail shoulders of your web host’s server, and this usually happens for a far more affordable price than the instance where you upgrade the existing hosting plan.
Basically, one such service gives you the chance to store images, CSS, and Java Script on its own hardware, and then insert links that the CDN generates straight into your articles. Hence, your articles can be accessed from anywhere in the world – it will always load lightning-fast.
MaxCDN has earned the reputation of being a five-star CDN, as data centers are spread in around 90 countries worldwide, and complements WordPress websites perfectly (integrated with W3 Total Cache/ WP Super Cache). It is so easy to use:
- Takes little over 5 minutes to install
- Users can operate their charming control panel on-the-go (from an iPad)
- Ask for help anytime, via chat, email, or ticket system – 24/7
Here’s what you get from having MaxCDN on your side:
- Speed is the operative word – watch as your website performance skyrockets to well over 300%. Since you entrust their servers with the static files of your ever-expanding content, your server will have no problem whatsoever in making your website perform at its best potential
- It provides caching of databases, posts, pages, and RSS feeds;
- With the Gzipping feature, you may compress files and thus save more space
In terms of pricing, MaxCDN stands out by means of its affordability and cost-effectiveness.
A set of five plans are available on a monthly or an annual basis with the guarantee of 100%SLA and with the opportunity to change your mind during the first 30 days.
The most popular plan is ‘plus’, which includes 500 GB/month and 3 websites (zones) for a price of $39 per month.
Coupons can cut a lot off the standard prices – presently, there is an offer which enables a 20% discount by using code “max20”.
I don’t have any idea how long this offer is available and is definitely a good opportunity in case you want to add CDN support to your sites.